- My mother has a secret.
- It’s not something we’ve ever really spoken about.
- But now, after more than forty years, she’s finally ready to reveal her troubled past.
- I’m just not sure I’m ready for what I’ll find out.
- London, 1970.
- Unmarried, pregnant and alone – young Irishwoman Bridget Reilly has nowhere to go and no one to turn to when she gets the shock of her life at just twenty years of age.
- Banished to an institution for unmarried mothers and their babies, the future for Bridget and her child is anything but certain.